Daily Prompt Response: Seasons
This is a great prompt. Seasons…we can all look at our lives and see the seasons of events. Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 describes it best. God created the seasons of life and nature. I thought the Pinterest pin above describes what we really need to do in the various seasons of our lives. I added the Scripture verses for Ecclesiastes 3 after this for your reading pleasure.
- “For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven.
- A time to be born and a time die. A time to plant and a time to harvest.
- A time to kill and a time to heal. A time to tear down and a time to build up.
- A time to cry and a time to laugh. A time to grieve and a time to dance.
- A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones. A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
- A time to search and a time to quit searching. A time to keep and a time to throw away.
- A time to tear and a time to mend. A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
- A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time for peace.”
I really like the pin above because each winter is a different winter, or spring or summer or fall. Once this year’s season is over, the next year’s seasons will be different.
Solomon was very detailed as he examined life. There are seasons for everything. There are several seasons that have passed for me, such as having children. I physically can have no more children but I welcome the season of my grandchildren. I have a granddaughter at the moment.
The season of worrying about what others think of me is over. Thank God! I lived so many years in a difficult place because I was more concerned about what others thought about me than actually living in the now. The season for understanding who I am is here. Identifying what direction God has for me and living as well as enjoying the process is here. I can say that my season of motherhood with young children helped me quite a bit. The realization that I had more strength and fortitude than I thought I had because I needed to be there for my children. Being able to put certain things aside and deal with priorities became an unconscious practice. Praying through became second nature.
There was a season with my God that included Him revealing Himself in several ways including audible. It was surreal. That season revealed so much about Him and my relationship with Him. My relationship with Him was anchored in such a strong way during that time. This is a new season with Him. More of sharing my testimony (and yet it is not over). “And they have defeated him by the blood of the Lamb and by their testimony.” (Revelation 12:11, NLT). This is a new season of the next level.
This is a new season of creativity for me as well. I am so enjoying the process of creative expression. I am still learning and always will. But, I feel the season of spring at this time in my life. New things are coming forth as well as new ideas and new freedoms. I thank God for His seasons! Winter is about over and spring is coming forth. I welcome the springtime. You see new growth not just in nature but in people. There is so much to enjoy right now!
What season are you in at this point in your life?